Добавить новость
News in English
Новости сегодня

Новости от TheMoneytizer

ITV News bombarded with Ofcom complaints after host Rageh Omaar struggled through medical episode live on air

ITV NEWS has been hit with Ofcom complaints following Rageh’s medical episode live on air last week.

The 56-year-old was presenting Friday’s edition of the channel’s News at Ten when he became unwell.

ITV
ITV News has been hit with Ofcom complaints following Rageh’s medical episode live on air last week[/caption]
PA
The 56-year-old was presenting Friday’s edition of the channel’s News at Ten when he became unwell[/caption]
TV watchdog Ofcom have revealed they’ve received complaints from viewers at home over ITV’s handling of the scary ordeal
PA:Press Association

Just minutes into the show, those watching at home noticed how the journalist and anchor appeared shaky on screen and was struggling to speak.

While Rageh did manage to finish the programme, a nurse revealed how she had rang the ITV newsroom to express concern for him.

On Saturday ITV released a statement confirming Rageh received medical treatment and was recovering at home – with Rageh himself later releasing a health update.

But now TV watchdog Ofcom have revealed they’ve received complaints from viewers at home over ITV’s handling of the scary ordeal.

So far a total of 73 complaints have been lodged.

A spokesperson for Ofcom told The Sun: “We are assessing the complaints against our broadcasting rules but are yet to decide whether or not to investigate.”

Rageh previously said about his ordeal: “I would like to thank everyone for their kindness and good wishes, especially all the medical staff, all my wonderful colleagues at ITV News, and our viewers who expressed concern. 

“At the time, I was determined to finish presenting the programme. I am grateful for all the support I’ve been given.”

ITV viewers have raged how Rageh was not pulled off of the broadcast sooner.

One even accused producers of failing in their ‘duty of care’.

Taking to X, formerly Twitter, the viewer said: “Hope you’re OK @ragehomaar. I was appalled to see that@itvnews let you continue the broadcast.

“I’d have pulled you off at the first VT. Raises questions about duty of care.”

Another agreed, posting: “Just seen the video on TikTok of last night’s ITV News. I hope Rageh Omaar makes a full recovery. I’m genuinely surprised that nobody pulled him off air. Yes, it was a live broadcast but clearly he required attention.”

An ICU nurse watching tweeted ITV News telling them she called urging he be taken off air, adding that an emergency ambulance should have been summoned.

Former ITV News correspondent Angus Walker has also criticised the bulletin’s producers for not stepping in earlier amid the concern.

Rageh is now at home recovering with his family
Rex Features

Читайте на сайте


Smi24.net — ежеминутные новости с ежедневным архивом. Только у нас — все главные новости дня без политической цензуры. Абсолютно все точки зрения, трезвая аналитика, цивилизованные споры и обсуждения без взаимных обвинений и оскорблений. Помните, что не у всех точка зрения совпадает с Вашей. Уважайте мнение других, даже если Вы отстаиваете свой взгляд и свою позицию. Мы не навязываем Вам своё видение, мы даём Вам срез событий дня без цензуры и без купюр. Новости, какие они есть —онлайн с поминутным архивом по всем городам и регионам России, Украины, Белоруссии и Абхазии. Smi24.net — живые новости в живом эфире! Быстрый поиск от Smi24.net — это не только возможность первым узнать, но и преимущество сообщить срочные новости мгновенно на любом языке мира и быть услышанным тут же. В любую минуту Вы можете добавить свою новость - здесь.




Новости от наших партнёров в Вашем городе

Ria.city
Музыкальные новости
Новости России
Экология в России и мире
Спорт в России и мире
Moscow.media






Топ новостей на этот час

Rss.plus





СМИ24.net — правдивые новости, непрерывно 24/7 на русском языке с ежеминутным обновлением *